Dear St. Thomas Family:
As we prepare for Thanksgiving, we have been reminding the students to pray for those who do not have enough to eat, maybe have no one who loves them to share a meal, or are just far away from family due to work, military service, or circumstances. As you sit down to your own celebration dinners, maybe your family could extend our efforts and offer a prayer at table for those whose Thanksgiving needs a little more Thanks and a little more Giving.
Congratulations to our local Spelling Bee winner, Isidro Jiz and Runner-up, Danyelle Russell, and congratulations to all who participated! Good job!
When we return on November 26th, we will be just a short sleigh ride from Christmas! Many activities and events loom large, so update your calendars!
- We are moving the November School Board meeting to Tuesday, November 27, at 6:30 in Room 8.We are combining it with a PTG meeting including a discussion of Family Fun Days. Please attend!
- Also on the 27th, Santa pictures available in the Parish Hall. If your student will be taking a picture for purchase with Santa, he/she may wear free dress.
- Bishop’s Golf Tournament is on Dec. 6th. Your raffle tickets are due in the school office on November 26thso I can hand-deliver them to the Diocese.
- See’s Candy Sale has begun! Orders and money must be turned in by Nov. 29th!
- Parent Conferences have been scheduled for November 29th, 1:00-6:30.This is a half-day for the students.
- December School Mass has been changed (at Father’s request) to Dec. 3rd, a Monday.
- Watch for the Christmas Store on campus Dec. 11-14. This is a good chance for the students to do their shopping for family members and friends.
- Our Annual Christmas Play is scheduled for Dec. 19thin Sherman Indian School Auditorium. As always, this is a hot ticket! Don’t miss it!
- Thursday, Dec. 20th , is a half-day to begin our Christmas break. There is no day care after school. The staff will be going out to lunch as we celebrate together.
Whew! That’s a busy list! But it ‘s pretty normal for us at St. Thomas the Apostle. Enjoy the Holiday. Don’t get trampled if you go out shopping on Friday! See you back, well-rested and safe, on Monday, November 26.
Dr. Dian Pizurie, Principal